Sunday, August 1, 2010

Day of Rest, Sort of


Sunday is supposedly a day of rest here at Guide Dogs. I still have to feed the dog at 6:20 and take her out, but I can go back to bed on Sunday. How generous of them! You can actually get an extra two hours, because you take the dogs out again at 8:30, because that is their routine. Understand that I took full advantage of it, down to taking the dog out in my pajamas. No one else can see me anyway.

After brunch, we had a class on doggy massage. It's supposed to relax the dogs and ease the tension in their muscles. It seemed to do this for every dog in the room except for mine. Trishna decided that it was time to wiggle on her back, wave all four feet in the air, and make noise. She had a lot of fun, but I'm not sure she was relaxing. It was a little more like a wrestling match than a massage.

After that, we worked a couple of routes on campus. Here's a picture of Trishna and I officially working. Then, it was visiting hours. Trishna and I had lots of visitors today. My cousins, Stacey and John; Cheryl and Scotty; and of course, Heather. Some of us went to the outdoor area to play with Trishna off leash; it was fun. She ran, ran, ran and then took a nap while we went to lunch. Then, at 4:30 everything got back to the normal day routine, except that it was time for my massage. I can assure you I did not fling all four limbs about and wiggle on my back. It was very relaxing, and now it's time for bed. Back to 5:30 in the morning. See you all tomorrow.

3 comments:

  1. Great picture Mary! -Em

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice way to spend Sunday, Keeps us fit & also the Dog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We should make it a routine to take out the dogs for Walk, as we go for Jogging & exercise to keep ourselves fit & fine, the same should be done to Pets also.

    ReplyDelete