Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Back at Work, Final Blog

OK, OK. I know; I missed a day. Trishna's and my first day at work was yesterday. Let's face it. Our fatigue caught up with us, and we went to bed at 9 p.m. yesterday.

So work is going pretty well. Most people have read my tips on what to do around Trishna and are following them to the best of their ability, except the eye contact thing, which apparently is pretty difficult for you sighted people. I'm telling you; don't look into her eyes, because after that, it's all over. You will turn into a big, giant mush, and you won't be able to keep your hands off of her. At least, that's what I've been told.

Trishna's adapting very well to campus. She guides well and hasn't run me into anything. My coworkers are very sweet, because they get nervous if we walk close to an obstacle. But so far, Trishna's done very well. I think it's going to take a little while for folks to get used to our new speediness, and to the fact that it's not their job to tell me where obstacles are anymore.

So, many thanks to all of my coworkers who are working very hard to be very good around Trishna and for working on adapting to this new relationship.

I wish I had more stories to tell, but to be honest, I've been in all-day meetings for both days, and she lays quietly by my feet. She didn't even pick up the Hershey's Miniature that someone dropped right by her nose earlier today. Good girl, Trishna. However, she had not had quite enough exercise today, so Heather's stray socks seemed to be fair game.

Well, it looks like we've come to the end of an experience. I wanted to write this blog so that you would know the transition I have been going through with Trishna. I hope you've learned something and had a few laughs. I know I have. It warms my heart to know that so many people found this blog through their friends and have truly enjoyed it. Many of you have sent me comments and kind words, and they really do mean a lot. It's been my pleasure to share this time with you, and Trishna and I will continue to have new adventures every day for a long time to come. Be well.

3 comments:

  1. oh i wish i could work with you and thrishna!
    happy day!
    love,
    gina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for taking the time to Blog your experience Mary! Jacques and I have enjoyed reading it =) Miss you and can't wait to meet Trishna.
    Em

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey - I'm going through this training at the moment. Please take a look and follow how I'm getting on!

    ReplyDelete