Friday, August 6, 2010

Last Full Day

Tomorrow is graduation. Yay! But let me tell you about today.

This morning we woke up much the same as always. But after breakfast, we took the dogs to the redwoods. It's the traditional last workout at Guide Dogs. We basiczlly got to work our dogs on paths through the trees. It was beautiful, and actually quite cold this morning. There were chimpmunks, squirrels, and all kinds of things to sniff and eat. It was a great place to just relax and work a dog. Everyone in my class has made it all the way through. We are cleared for graduation, so we just had a good time. And I'm bringing home a baby redwood tree. I wonder how big it will be when it comes time to retire Trishna.

After lunch, we had the lecture where they give us our papers for the dog. We have our IDs, vet records, etc. After tomorrow's ceremony, we are official. Tonight was mostly packing, saying good bye to new friends, and resting up for tomorrow. I know I was going to give people all kinds of Guide Dog tips, but I'm too tired. So you'll have to wait until tomrrow's post. And perhaps there will even be a picture!

By the way, Trishna and I are sponsored. I'll tell you what that means tomorrow.

Oh, I almost forgot. I met Trishna's trainer today, and I talked to her puppy raisers. Trisha was a raised by a family that's raised 16 dogs for Guide Dogs. That's quite a commitment. And as I shared with you, Trishna's trainer is also Apple's trainer. Her trainer was very excited to see her, and I have to say the feeling was mutual by Trishna. I've never seen a dog in a sit bounce until today. Yes, it can be done. I'm not really sure how to explain it, but she was sitting and bouncing all at the same time. She was so excited to see her. Her trainer said that Trishna was one of her favorite dogs ever to train, because she was big and tough and sweet, and her work is very precise, and you can watch her think about it a lot. By the way, word on the street is that Apple is very sweet, and she's doing well. She didn't give me a lot of information, but she said they're working on jumping; no surprise there. She said that Apple and Trisha have a lot of the same traits, so this bodes well for Apple.

No comments:

Post a Comment