Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Apple, Trishna, and Cupcakes

I learned an interesting fact today that I think is pretty cool. Trishna had a trainer named Emily. I haven't met her yet, but she's going to stop by before I leave. Now here's the cool thing. She's now training Apple. My first thought was, do they give this woman all the crazies? But then, I thought, if she can get a handle on Trishna, Apple will be just fine. Now I have to find out if she trained Berlina. :-) My class trainers saw Apple today too. She jumped on them. Oh, Apple; we thought we broke you of that.

On to our day. Today was another day in San Francisco. We worked another very crowded area of the city, outdoor cafes, dogs, signs on the street, etc. And we had to take a very crowded bus ride, just like the bus after work. We had to walk over all kinds of surfaces. Trishna did a great job. The best part was that we parked the Guide Dogs bus in front of the gourmet cupcake shop. So very serious plans were made for cupcake shopping after the route was over. Now, I very seldom say that things break down on gender lines, but this one sure did. Both of our trainers are women, and there are four women and two men in the class. So in total, there were six women and two men. All six women had multiple cupcakes as we pulled out of San Francisco. The guys had none. I did save one to finish after my blog is over. Yum.

After lunch, things were pretty simple. I just did a very, very, very long route. Our class supervisor asked, "Who wants to do a long route?" I said, "I would, because I have been eating cupcakes." So he pulled over the bus and said, "OK, get out." And then I proceeded to do what I think was a ten-block route. We walked past dogs, car alarms, strange people that may or may not have been sharing my reality, a little bit of road construction, and lots of neat shops. Thank goodness it wasn't too warm outside, because we were pretty hot and sweaty by the time we got back.

Finally, it was back to campus for a Graduate Services lecture and then dinner. The last thing I have to do today, other than eating my cupcake, is to brush Trishna's teeth and groom her. By the way, Trishna has ended up with a mild intestinal virus. Thank goodness we caught it early. Otherwise, my life would be a whole lot more interesting, and by "interesting," I mean messy.

Alright, my cupcake awaits.

No comments:

Post a Comment